Wireless Water Sensor Kit
The Wireless Water Sensor can be used to monitor the presence of water. If water bridges the two forks then the sensor is triggered. When water is no longer present it triggers the sensor again so you can monitor water present and when water no longer present. The water sensor also comes with an optional moisture level adjustment (needs separate power) if you want to monitor a specific moisture level (e.g.soil moisture) that will trigger the wireless module when the specified moisture level has been achieved (and vice versa). The RF module is small (1” x 1” or 2.54cm x 2.54cm) and can be installed discretely. Battery life is around 1 year depending on number of transmissions. Rugged but elegant cream plastic plastic case allows the sensor to be deployed both indoors and outdoors and if sealed with silicone could be water resistant. Using an external power source it can operate in request/reply or publish mode. When asleep it is awoken by presence of water ,or water to no water, to send readings. If powered externally then the device can operate in a fully awake mode and can respond to requests for state in a request/reply fashion. The device will also transmit state changes when in fully awake mode.
- Temperature monitoring solutions
- Wireless Water Sensor Tutorial
- Test temperature sensor
- PrivateEyePi Alarm System
- JemRF Documentation
- All devices are based on the high-performance RF transceiver based on the market-leading CC1100 SOC.
- Wide operating voltage range of 2-3.6V makes the devices suited for battery power.
- Current consumption: RX: 16.2 mA , TX: 15.2 mA. Deep Sleep : 0.005Ma (0.5 µA).
- Up to 1KM line of sight. Short range (30M) penetration of walls and floors.
- 128-bit AES encryption security.
- Driver-less installation.
- All the devices are highly configurable through the serial port or over the air using the LLAP messaging protocol specified in the manual.
- Base station communicates through serial port (TTL UART).
- Communicates in ASCII clear text making it very easy to exchange data between devices over the air.
- Supports point to point, point to multi-point, multi-point to point and multi-point to multi-point.
- Virtually unlimited amount of devices can be deployed. 99,999 Personal Area Network ID’s, 10 channels per frequency and 7,744 Device ID’s per network.
- Super low power consumption allows devices to be use with a coin cell battery for long periods of time (up to 1 year depending on transmission rates).
- Supports 6 frequencies (433 MHZ, 915 MHZ (default US & Canada), 868.3 MHZ (default Europe), 868 MHZ, 903 MHZ, 315 MHZ)
- 10 channels per frequency.
- 4 pins for communicating with external micro-controllers like Raspberry Pi and Arduino : Tx, Rx, GND, 3V3.
- Battery monitor to keep track of power consumption.