Battery operated wireless light sensor transmitter.
Can be used for detecting dusk/dawn or interior light levels. Typically used to trigger an event, like switch a light on/off or opening closing automatic blinds or switching anything on off.
The device transmits a value between 0 (dark) and 32,000 (light) and all light levels in between.
The sensor is pre-configured to transmit a light reading every 5 minutes. The device sleeps in between transmission in order to save battery power and is awoken every 5 minutes by an internal timer. This allows the device to be used for around 1 year on a single coin cell battery. The transmission interval can be configured between 1 minute and 999 minutes. If powered externally then the device can operate in a fully awake mode and luminescence readings can be requested from the sensor in a request/reply fashion.
- Transmits a value between 0(very bright) and 2300(total darkness)
- All devices are based on the high-performance RF transceiver based on the market-leading CC1100 SOC.
- Wide operating voltage range of 2-3.6V makes the devices suited for battery power.
- Current consumption: RX: 16.2 mA , TX: 15.2 mA. Deep Sleep : 0.005Ma (0.5 µA).
- Up to 1KM line of sight. Short range (30M) penetration of walls and floors.
- 128-bit AES encryption security.
- Driver-less installation.
- All the devices are highly configurable through the serial port or over the air using the LLAP messaging protocol specified in the manual.
- Base station communicates through serial port (TTL UART).
- Communicates in ASCII clear text making it very easy to exchange data between devices over the air.
- Supports point to point, point to multi-point, multi-point to point and multi-point to multi-point.
- Virtually unlimited amount of devices can be deployed. 99,999 Personal Area Network ID’s, 10 channels per frequency and 7,744 Device ID’s per network.
- Super low power consumption allows devices to be use with a coin cell battery for long periods of time (up to 1 year depending on transmission rates).
- Supports 6 frequencies (433 MHZ, 915 MHZ (default US & Canada), 868.3 MHZ (default Europe), 868 MHZ, 903 MHZ, 315 MHZ)
- 10 channels per frequency.
- 4 pins for communicating with external micro-controllers like Raspberry Pi and Arduino : Tx, Rx, GND, 3V3.
- Battery monitor to keep track of power consumption.