DS18B20 Dallas 1 wire digital temperature sensor and resistor
- DS18B20 sensor
- 4.7k resistor
This is a highly accurate and reliable temperature sensor for the Raspberry Pi. The DS18B20 digital thermometer provides 9-bit to 12-bit Celsius temperature measurements and has an alarm function with nonvolatile user-programmable upper and lower trigger points. The DS18B20 communicates over a 1-Wire bus that by definition requires only one data line (and ground) for communication with a central microprocessor. It has an operating temperature range of -55°C to +125°C and is accurate to ±0.5°C over the range of -10°C to +85°C. In addition, the DS18B20 can derive power directly from the data line ("parasite power"), eliminating the need for an external power supply.
Each DS18B20 has a unique 64-bit serial code, which allows multiple DS18B20s to function on the same 1-Wire bus. Thus, it is simple to use one microprocessor to control many DS18B20s distributed over a large area. Applications that can benefit from this feature include HVAC environmental controls, temperature monitoring systems inside buildings, equipment, or machinery, and process monitoring and control systems.
- Unique 1-Wire® Interface Requires Only One Port Pin for Communication
- Each Device has a Unique 64-Bit Serial Code Stored in an On-Board ROM
- Multidrop Capability Simplifies Distributed Temperature-Sensing Applications
- Requires No External Components
- Can Be Powered from Data Line; Power Supply Range is 3.0V to 5.5V
- Measures Temperatures from -55°C to +125°C (-67°F to +257°F)
- 0.5°C Accuracy from -10°C to +85°C
- Thermometer Resolution is User Selectable from 9 to 12 Bits
- Converts Temperature to 12-Bit Digital Word in 750ms (Max)
Temperature Tutorial for Raspberry Pi