DIY Alarm Kit - Motion sensor, door contacts, temperature, buzzer siren
DIY Home Alarm Kit for Raspberry Pi
- 1 Motion Sensor
- 2 Door sensor switches
- 20 male/male jumper wires
- 10 male/female jumper wires
- Solderless Breadboard 400 Tie Points
- 8 resistors (3x10kOHM, 4x1kOHM, 1x4.7kOHM)
- 1 DS18B20 Dallas 1 wire digital temperature sensor
- 1 Active Buzzer (2,500 hz 3-5V)
- PN2222A Switching transistor
Kit excludes, but the PrivateEyePi project requires:
- A RaspberryPi, model A or B (visit http://www.raspberrypi.org for more details)
- Power supply for the RaspberryPi
- SD memory card for the power RaspberryPi
- Internet access to the Raspberry Pi (either via network cable or Wifi dongle, not included)
The detailed project tutorial can be found at http://www.projects.privateeyepi.com/home/home-alarm-system-project
- Connect door contacts or PIR sensors (motion sensors) to the Raspberry Pi.
- Receive email alerts when an alarm occurs.
- Monitor your home from your smart phone or computer using the dashboard featuring zone status (armed/disarmed/alarm), alarm dates and time as well as activity logs. You can also use the dashboard to arm and disarm zones.
- Monitor your home temperature from your dashboard.
Skill level for the PrivateEyePi project
- Basic low voltage electronic skills. We will provide you with a full inventory of electronic parts and diagrams. We will show you breadboard wiring schematics for you to copy.
- Basic Raspberry Pi and Linux experience. No programming or electronics experience required, no soldering. You can also use our blog to ask questions or email our support email.